Veterans, you have a right to:
· File a written application for veterans' benefits at anytime. You can insist upon this right, even if told that you are ineligible.
· Get help from your local city or town veterans' agent or town clerk in completing your application. [M.G.L., Chapter 115, Section3]
· Receive a full explanation of the services and veteran's benefits available under M.G.L., Chapter 115, as well as other available benefits.
· Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits. [108 CMR 8:02(1)]
· Be treated with dignity and respect and to receive accurate, courteous, and timely service.
· Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken in your case. [108 CMR 8:07(1)]
· Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purpose of determining your eligibility for benefits.
· Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to veterans' status[M.G.L., Chapter 40, Section 51] race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or handicap. [M.G.L., Chapter 151B, Section 3]
· Preference in public employment. [M.G.L., Chapter 31, Section 25 and Chapter 41, Section 112]