If you or someone else is injured as a result of an accident dial 9-1-1
Information You Will Need:
1. Make sure that you exchange information with all other operators. Insure that you have included the vehicle owner information.
a. Operator name, address, license number and state of issue, and date of birth.
b. Vehicle owner name, address, make, model and year of vehicle.
c. Vehicle registration number, state registered and Insurance Company.
2. If the combined (all vehicles and property) damage exceeds $1,000.00 and/or any injury then you will need to fill out two (2) accident reports.
a. A completed copy of the accident report must be returned to the police department of the City or Town where the accident occurred.
b. The original completed accident report must be sent to the Registry of Motor Vehicles in Boston. The address is located in the upper left hand corner of the accident report.
c. IMPORTANT! Be sure to sign and date your report.
3. Accident report must be completed and filed within five (5) business days from the occurrence of the accident.
4. Include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of possible witnesses.
5. Contact your insurance company.
Download this page in PDF format, print, and keep in your vehicle in case of an accident:
Motor Vehicle Accident form download from RMV State Web Site:
General Instructions regarding downloading:
The accident checklist and motor vehicle accident form are in Adobe Acrobat format. (If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed, you can download it here for free from Adobe's site. These forms are best printed at 300DPI or better.