* The CSC has updated their Public Access Website. The main difference is there is now a large spreadsheet interface which contains multiple fiscal years. The default view is map and parcel. There is a drop down menu to re-sort by address or owner. Once the correct parcel and fiscal year are selected, all of the information on the property, including property record cards and sales history, is displayed.
Residential Tax Rate: $14.28
Commercial Tax Rate: $20.45
The mission of the Assessing Department is to serve the public interest and help assure the financial stability of North Andover by exhibiting the highest level of competence and professionalism. To this end, the Department's staff pledges its efforts toward the aocomplishment of four critical objectives:
- Timely performance of our statutory duties.
- The attainment of fair and equitable assessments consistent with the Department of Revenue guidelines.
- The maximization of tax base growth revenue.
- The administration of the property and excise tax systems in a prompt, courteous, honest, and thorough manner.
The Assessors' Department operates under the authority of the Department of Revenue. It has a full time Chief Assessor, an office staff and a board that serve on a part-time basis. The Assessing Department establishes market based valuation assessments for the real estate parcels and personal property estates in the Town of North Andover. Real estate valuations for fiscal 2013 are currently available. The office is responsible for adhering to strict certification requirements of the Department of Revenue. To meet these requirements, the assessors are obligated to revalue all properties yearly and, once every three years, undergo a state recertification audit.
The motor vehicle excise tax is administered through the Assessor's Office. Adjustments to excise tax are made when a car is sold or the owner moves out of state and the plates are cancelled or transferred to a new vehicle. A person must apply for an adjustment; forms are available in the above 'Automobile Excise' link.
The Assessor's Office is available to assist the public with questions and concerns. A complete property record card for any parcel may be purchased for $1.00. Assessor's maps may be purchased for $2.00 per map or $100 per set. Abutter's lists are also available; please see above 'Certified Abutters List' link.